Harvey & Binnall is an experienced business law firm that handles cases involving white collar crimes, commercial litigation, employment law, privacy law and civil rights. Our attorneys have a strong track record of success. Below, we share cases that are significant because of the facts, legal arguments, judgment amount, or impact on our clients and the rule of law.
Our civil trial team has won millions of dollars on behalf of plaintiffs and delivered vigorous defenses of defendants in commercial lawsuits. Our litigation division includes Philip Harvey, Jesse Binnall, Louise Gitcheva and Sarah York.
- Philip Harvey won a multi-million-dollar plaintiffs’ verdict in a federal securities fraud case.
- Philip Harvey won a defense summary judgment on behalf of a national law firm sued for breach of contract.
- Philip Harvey, Jesse Binnall, and Louise Gitcheva secured a judgment on behalf of our client in an unjust enrichment claim and defeated a counterclaim in a four-day bench trial in Fairfax Circuit Court.
- Jesse Binnall, and Louise Gitcheva won a judgment on behalf of a partner against the majority Limited Liability Company members who attempted to freeze him out.
- Louise Gitcheva represented a service member’s family pro bono in a breach of contract dispute, and won a trial verdict in their favor.
- Jesse Binnall won a defense award in a contract dispute for a website development company at a multi-day arbitration before the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
- Jesse Binnall represented a small business in litigation against its former accountants in a professional malpractice case that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Jesse Binnall represented a real estate investor in litigation against her partner that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Philip Harvey represented a Romanian construction firm in a breach of contract case concerning work in the Green Zone in Baghdad.
- Philip Harvey won a lawsuit on behalf of an investor against a start-up technology company in federal court in Virginia.
- Philip Harvey represented a business owner in federal lawsuit in Virginia in regards to the construction of $500,000,000 corporate headquarters.
- Philip Harvey obtained dismissal of claims against an Am Law 100 law firm and former partner for breach of fiduciary duty and patent infringement.
- Philip Harvey represented clients in class actions involving securities fraud and ERISA, obtaining favorable settlements or outright dismissal.
- Philip Harvey defended a national real estate developer in a multi-million-dollar broker’s fee trial in the District of Columbia.
- Philip Harvey helped lead an internal investigation of officers of a publicly traded company after allegations of accounting fraud and subsequent bankruptcy of the company and its parent company.
- Philip Harvey represented a national accounting firm in an investigation conducted by a bankruptcy trustee of a defunct securities broker.
- Philip Harvey successfully defended financial institutions in lender liability cases through trial and appeal and successfully prosecuted a fraudulent conveyance action for a commercial lender in federal court in Virginia.
- Philip Harvey represented a restaurant franchisor in a national trademark infringement action, achieving a very favorable settlement.
Harvey & Binnall handles complex, high-stakes transactions. Our litigation experience gives us a unique perspective into disputes that may arise and means of avoiding those issues at the transactional stage.
- Jesse Binnall negotiated a complex interior design contract with a foreign government.
Our lawyers took an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution. We advocate for our clients’ First Amendment and due process rights in federal courts.
- Jesse Binnall overcame a gag order on behalf of a nonparty in a federal court case.
- In a landmark First Amendment, Thirteenth Amendment and All Writs Act claim, Harvey & Binnall submitted a brief in support of a large multi-national tech company that refused the FBI’s request to give the U.S. government unfettered access to its customers’ data.
Political and Election Laws
A fair, transparent and accessible elections process is crucial for a strong democracy. Our attorneys protect the rights of candidates, parties, voters and the public in local, state and federal elections.
- Jesse Binnall represented several presidential campaigns at National conventions on party rules and procedures.
- Jesse Binnall won a favorable jury verdict for a presidential campaign executive in a federal criminal trial.
- Jesse Binnall served as parliamentarian to four presidential campaigns.
Learn More About Harvey & Binnall Cases
Harvey & Binnall, PLLC works hard on our clients’ behalf and have created a strong track record of success. Schedule an appointment with our experienced Alexandria business law firm to discuss how we can help you.