717 King Street, Suite 300
Alexandria VA 22314
United States of America
Sarah York is an Associate at Harvey & Binnall. She joined the firm directly from the Department of Justice’s Securities and Financial Fraud Section where she worked on criminal litigation pertaining to white collar crime. She also previously spent 18 months assisting the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction with their efforts to prosecute fraud, waste, and abuse in the war zone.
During law school, Ms. York worked with the Lewis B. Puller Veteran’s Benefits Clinic for two years and served as the vice-president of the Student Bar Association. As an undergraduate at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Ms. York was a member of the Varsity Fencing Team and the Out of State Student’s Association. She was on Franklin Street after the Tar Heels won the NCAA Championship in 2009, and remains an avid Carolina fan. Prior to her decision to attend law school, Ms. York worked with the USO in Kandahar, Afghanistan, and then with the University of Colorado-Boulder as the Campus Alcohol Agent and as a Student Conduct Officer.
Ms. York’s practice focuses on white collar defense, business litigation, employment, and labor law.
- Law Clerk, United States Department of Justice’s Securities and Financial Fraud Section
- Vice-President, Student Bar Association, College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law Member, Lewis B. Puller Veterans’ Benefits Clinic
- Duty Manager, USO in Kandahar, Afghanistan
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- The University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill, B.A. in Peace, War, and Defense
- The College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law