Paris R. Sorrell
717 King Street, Suite 300
Alexandria VA 22314
United States of America
Ms. Sorrell has represented Fortune 500 corporations and small and mediumsized businesses, as well as individuals, in a wide range of legal matters, including contract disputes, insurance claims, professional malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, and business conspiracy.
Ms. Sorrell regularly appears in state and federal court in connection with her matters. Her litigation experience spans pretrial discovery, motions practice, trial, and appeals. She also has worked with clients to resolve disputes outside the courtroom through negotiation and mediation.
In addition to her business litigation practice, Ms. Sorrell has a robust political and election law practice. She has served as counsel for high profile campaigns for national office. She also regularly represents and advises nonprofit advocacy groups, trade associations, political consultants, and political action committees on varied aspects of participation in the political process at both the state and federal levels. Her practice touches upon a range of complex constitutional issues involving political liberty and the Bill of Rights, Second, and Fourth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
- LeClairRyan, Alexandria, Virginia, 2011-2017
- Clinical Placement Intern, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Richmond, Virginia, January 2010 April 2010
- Summer Associate, LeClairRyan, Richmond, Virginia, May 2009 July 2009
- Law Clerk, Tronfeld West & Durrett, Richmond, Virginia, May 2008 August 2008
- Virginia, 2010
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- J.D., cum laude, University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law, 2010
- B.A., History, University of Virginia, 2007
- Recognized as a Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine for Business Litigation, 2016 2017
- Recognized as a Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine for Business Litigation, 2016 2017
- Virginia State Bar Association Award for significant service to the bar for her work with the Young Lawyers Conference to prepare a CLE for the Annual Meeting, 2012
- Richmond Journal of Law and Technology